Ivermectin 3mg tablet is an antiparasitic drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat infections caused by parasitic worms. Ivermectin tablets are produced worldwide under various brand names. In the United States, it is available under the brand name Stromectol.
Ivermectin medication is available in the form of tablets, injections, creams, and lotions. A healthcare professional will prescribe the best medication depending upon the type of infection diagnosed. However, taking Ivermectin 3mg tablets can cause minor side effects like headaches, dizziness, or nausea. Taking such medication under the supervision of a medical practitioner can help manage such side effects.
Table of contents
- What is the use of Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
- What are the side effects of Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
- How to take Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
- What precautions to take in case of Ivermectin?
- What drugs can negatively interact with Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the use of Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
When treating parasitic infections in humans, a drug such as Ivermectin is widely prescribed by medical professionals. Some of the parasitic infections that one can treat with Ivermectin 3 mg tablets are as follows:
- Lymphatic filariasis
However, it is essential to get proper consultation from your doctor before deciding to take Ivermectin 3mg tablets. To buy Ivermectin medication from our online pharmaceutical website, click here.
What are the side effects of Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
If you experience any side effects after taking Ivermectin medication, your doctor should know about it. Some of the most common side effects of Ivermectin 3 mg tablet that one might experience are:
- Headache or dizziness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Sleepiness or drowsiness
- Joint pain and swelling
- Skin rashes and itching
- Difficulty in breathing
- Change in vision
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Swollen or tender lymph nodes
Some people may form an allergic reaction to Ivermectin tablets which can lead to the swelling of the face, tongue, or throat, requiring immediate medical attention.
Also read: Does Ivermectin Cause Infertility?
How to take Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
Ivermectin 3 mg tablets should always be taken as per the instructions given by the doctor. Some of the key points to remember while taking Ivermectin tablets are as follows:
- Take an Ivermectin tablet on an empty stomach before any meal.
- Do not try to crush or chew the tablet; swallow it with a full glass of water.
- Take the dosage of Ivermectin as prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid taking an overdose of Ivermectin 3 mg tablet.
Consult your general physician if any side effects emerge after taking Ivermectin medication.
Also read: Know How to Take Ivermectin Effectively
What if you miss a dosage of Ivermectin 3mg tablet?
If you miss your daily dose of Ivermectin tablet, try taking the pill as soon as you remember it. However, if it turns out to be almost the time of your next dosage, then you may avoid taking the missed dose and continue with your regular dosage.
What to do in case of an overdose of Ivermectin 3mg tablet?
In case you mistakenly take an overdose of the Ivermectin medication. Then one might experience some side effects like unconsciousness, trouble breathing, numbness, tingling, or seizures. Consult your doctor on an immediate basis when such side effects do occur.
Where to store Ivermectin tablets?
Ivermectin tablets should always be stored in cool and dry places, away from sunlight, heat, and moisture. A temperature below 86 degrees is most preferable to store Ivermectin tablets. Therefore, always keep Ivermectin tablets away from the reach of children and pets.
What precautions to take in case of Ivermectin?
It is essential to take Ivermectin medication as per the doctor’s instructions and guidelines. Some of the preventive steps that one should take in case of Ivermectin medication are as follows:
- Do not take an Ivermectin (Ivecop) tablet if you are allergic to Ivermectin or any other active ingredients present in such medication.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or taking any drug that might negatively react with Ivermectin tablets. Using alcohol with Ivermectin can increase blood levels and add to the side effects.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take Ivermectin tablets. However, in case of necessity, one should consult a doctor to know the pros and cons of taking the medication during pregnancy.
- Suppose you have a weak immune system due to chronic diseases like Human immunodeficiency virus infection. In that case, the chances are that you might need to repeat the treatment.
- One should avoid driving right after taking the medication due to the risk of side effects like dizziness and drowsiness.
- If you have a history of chronic liver or kidney illness, you must schedule an appointment with your doctor right away.
- Never take the animal drug of Ivermectin as it can cause some severe side effects in humans.
Also read: Is Ivermectin an Antibiotic?
What drugs can negatively interact with Ivermectin 3mg tablets?
Drug interaction is defined as a change in medicine’s working when taken along with certain drugs, herbals, or even food. Drug interaction can increase the risk of unexpected side effects and result in medical complications. Ivermectin 3mg tablets may negatively interact with the following substance:
- Zinc sulfate
- Valproic acid
- Sodium oxybate
- Vitamin B12, D3, C
- Aspirin low strength
- clonazepam and lorazepam
Ivermectin 3mg tablet is a prescription drug that one should take after seeking medical advice.
Also read: Is Ivermectin a Steroid?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who manufactures Ivermectin?
Ivermectin medication is sold worldwide under different brand names. In the United States, Ivermectin is sold under the brand name Sklice and Stromectol.
Ivermectin has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat people who have intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two diseases caused by parasitic worms.